Not too long ago we have decided to partner with One Tree Planted, a 501c3 non-profit based in Vermont that is focused on global reforestation. Together with other reforestation partners they plant in 4 regions around the world - North America, South America, Asia & Africa.
With every item sold we'll plant a tree by donating a dollar. One Tree Planted' partners will then make the call on the proper (native) tree species to plant and work with local communities to get these planted. They vet their partners to ensure that they maintain a tree survival rate of 80-90%. Most projects help with restoration efforts from forest fires and floods, as well as helping provide jobs, build communities, and restore habitat for biodiversity.
7 reasons why trees are important:
1) They play an important role in the water cycle, grounding the water in their roots and releasing it into the atmosphere.
2) 70% of the world’s plants and animals live in forests and are losing their habitats to deforestation.
3) 300 billions tons of carbon are stored in the Earth's forests, which helps regulate its climate by regulating atmospheric gases, stabilising rainfall, and protecting against desertification.
4) More than 121 natural remedies in the rainforest can be used as medicines
5) If forests are destroyed through logging or burning, their carbon is released into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide, a climate-changing greenhouse gas. 15% of all greenhouse gas emissions are the result of deforestation.
6) 28,000 species are expected to become extinct by the next 25 years due to deforestation
7) 50% of all plant and animal species in the world live in tropical Rainforest.